As we are unable to meet in person, we are taking our retail community online. In true Hive fashion we have put together a schedule of digital roundtables so you can stay connected with your community, bounce around ideas and solutions, and find ways to collaborate more effectively with one another and with your partners.
Each “Digital Boardroom” will take place on Zoom and promises to:
- Dig deep into a single business issue through interactive discussion with your peer group
- Deliver a focused 60-90 minutes from 11-12:30 so you can fit it around your other commitments
- Cap participation at 6-8 participants to ensure genuine interaction and free-flowing discussion
- Operate under the Chatham House Rule so you can be sure of a safe environment in which to share your challenges
Take a look at the schedule below, and then click to register your interest (note you can select a specific session, or multiple by clicking the links below).
Thank you for putting together a great group of people and setting up this chat. It was a wonderful way to start the day. Strangely enough, it lent a sense of normalcy amidst everything that is happening and how we’re currently coping with WFH/remotely.
eCommerce & Digital Marketing Manager, Skin & Co Roma following our recent Digital Boardroom session
Coming up this month:
Making Excess Stock Profitable
Weds 22nd April, 11:00-12:30 BST
Store closures as a result of the coronavirus outbreak have had many repercussions for retailers. One of which is a surfeit of stock sitting in warehouses. So how can you prevent this excess / liquidation inventory from becoming an expensive waste? During this discussion we will explore ways in which retailers can handle this situation to aid recovery and have a direct impact on the top and bottom line.
- how are others redirecting overflow stock?
- what are the implications on the supply chain to redirect inventory?
- what does this mean for control and ownership of customers?
Leadership Huddle: Leading Productive and Motivated Remote Teams
Guest expert: Jules Eustance, former Holland & Barrett / Co-op
Thurs 23rd April, 11:00-12:30 BST
In the context of the global coronavirus pandemic, the world of work has entered a dramatic new phase as the need for social distancing has created a new normal based primarily on remote working. Today’s situation throws a spotlight on those workers who have a massive desire to step up. And you will want your teams to stop being just employees, to unleash their inner entrepreneur, and contribute more by way of solutions. During this huddle we will:
- Pool our collective experience of leading teams over the last few weeks
- Share tips for keeping remote teams motivated
- Discuss ways to enable team members to continually add value
Changing Face of Retail eCommerce: Impact on Fulfilment
Guest experts: DHL
Fri 24th April, 11:00-12:30 BST
With the rise of Covid-19, there has been a sudden wave of consumers moving away from B&M and purchasing online, unanticipated pressure on global supply chains, unforecasted peaks in demand for certain products, concerns about warehouse staffing, etc. This has called for retailers to be resilient and agile, and the spotlight is very much on fulfilment. During this huddle members will share how the situation is impacting:
- supply chain
- ramifications for warehouse management & staffing
- product launches
- managing delivery expectation and costs
- amends in returns policy
Keeping Up with the Sudden Change in Consumer Behaviour
Guest experts: Content Square and Optimizely
Thurs 30th April, 11:00-12:30 BST
As more and more cities and regions across the world adopt lockdown and shelter-in-place measures, digital consumer patterns are once again evolving to reflect a new set of requirements. In this altered reality retailers and brands must keep track of what customers want and need in order to stay relevant. Discussion points will include:
- what specific changes are you seeing in the behaviour of your customer?
- how are you tracking these changes? what are you measuring?
- based on this insight, what actions (strategic and tactical) are you putting in place?
- following these trends through, what does this mean for the future of eCommerce?
A SELECTION OF THE BRANDS CONFIRMED TO JOIN US:
May, June and July at a glance:
Harnessing the Power of Communities – Wednesday 6th May
Personalising Online Experiences – Thursday 14th May
The New Model of Customer Behaviour – 28th May & 16th June
Optimising Space, Inventory & Resources – Wednesday 3rd June
Preparing for the End of Lockdown: Lessons from Asia – Thursday 4th June
Using a Single Customer View to Engage Customers- 18th June & 29th July 2020
Geolocation in Customer Marketing –Wednesday 24th June
Changing Face of Retail: Impact on Fulfilment – 25th June & 16th July 2020
Customer Loyalty in a Time of Crisis- 22nd July 2020